It is a well-known fact in business that it’s much easier to get a customer…
If you are a proud owner of a WordPress site, then it is in your best interest that your visitors or customers have the most features available to them on your site, online store, or blog. This plugin is one of those plugins that make your online store all the more professional and engaging!
If you are a company that deals with shipping certain goods from point A to point B, then it is a very nice thing to have the ability to see where the shipment currently is, right? They have to organize their time in accordance with when the item will arrive.
The same goes for the average customer or consumer who might be out on the holidays somewhere or is planning to go somewhere, and they need to know where their package is currently located.
So, what is this Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce anyway?
As the more perceptive of you might have figured out by now, Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce is a plugin that gives you the ability to track where the item that you have ordered currently is.
It is easy to use and set up with a whole bunch of features that you can add or remove. You can have the item be traced by more than 150 providers, and you can additionally add your own custom providers.
You can also automate it by having it automatically send an Email whenever the shipment has arrived at a certain point (if it has arrived at its destination if it has been sent and so on).
It really is something that makes sense to have if you are shipping goods to your customers.
How does it work?
First things first, you have to download and install the plugin onto your WordPress site. It is installed like every other plugin. After you install it, just enable it under your plugins menu, and you are set!
After all of that, you can go ahead and choose who your shipping providers will be. You can choose multiple providers (there are more than 150 of them), and you can choose your default shipping provider.
What are the main features of Advanced Shipment Tracking for the WooCommerce plugin?
- It gives you the ability to track shipments, choose shipping provider, and the shipping date of the product. Additionally, you can add multiple tracking numbers to any given order.
- You can create your own custom shipping provider (give them their own logo, the country where it will be shipping products, and such).
- You can set the default provider for your shipments.
- You can create and customize how each Email is going to look like. By this, I mean you can create your own custom Email design, which will show customers their tracking information.
- You are able to create your own custom order statuses—things like: Partially shipped, delivered, updated tracking, and so on. You can make it say whatever you want if you so wish; this is good if you want to create your own fancy wording for each status.
- It is compatible with the following SMS plugins that allow your customers to be notified of their tracking via SMS (instead of being limited to the Internet):
SMS Alert Order Notifications – WooCommerce
WC – APG SMS Notifications
Twilio SMS Notifications
WPNotif: WordPress SMS & WhatsApp Message Notifications.
Costs, Caveats, Etc.
If you’re wondering how much does it cost, well, it is completely free! All of the features that it has at its disposal are completely free to use. All things considered, this is very generous from the developers, taking into account all of the hours and hours that they have spent on developing this plugin.
The only thing that has a price tag is the premium TRACKING PER ITEM add-on. At the price of $49 a year, you get the ability to (well, I shall quote the developer on this one):
“The Tracking per item add-on allows you to attach tracking numbers to specific order items and also to attach tracking numbers to different quantities of the same line item.”
This plugin does exactly what it says it does, and there is no doubt about it. It is easy to set up and use with its user-friendly interface. It might seem a bit overwhelming at first, but you will get the hang of it in no time at all!
What caught my attention most was that there are no bad user reviews for this plugin. Well, there are, but they are complaining about how it notifies them that the plugin has been updated on a daily basis. For me, this is a good thing because it means that the plugin is regularly updated and maintained.
Additionally, the customers’ support is really over the top, with everybody praising them for their support at solving user issues!